As R is used more frequently for business presentations and reports, it is important to be able to quickly generate HTML, PDF and other document types interactively and for production scheduling. Bruce Moore will show how to use RStudio to create HTML and PDF output interactively and as a scheduled batch job. The session will cover
- When to use Markdown, RHTML, LaTeX or ODF for a particular project
- Sweave, odfWeave and knitr--the three underlying tools
- Creating a Markdown document in RStudio
- Creating an RHTML document in RStudio
- Creating a LaTeX document in RStudio
- Scheduling Markdown, RHTML and LaTeX as a batch job to update a web page
The examples will be based upon a batch job to generate weekly econometric graphs and a batch job to generate graphs of weekly spam phone calls blocked by Network Caller ID on a residential phone line.Directions to University of Dallas.
See the Dallas R User Group Meetup page for more information.